Steps towards cold and flu prevention:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough sneeze or wipe your nose. Tissues should be discarded immediately in a wastebasket.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard the tissue immediately in a waste basket.
- Run your diffuser often in your home. I know there has been much discussion on our diffuser lately, and we will address that in a blog soon to come. Dr. Hill and other leaders have much to say about that. What oils? On Guard for sure. It was developed to boost our immune systems, and guard us against pathogens. I hear it humming away right now as I write.
- While we are talking OnGuard, I would also consider rubbing your own children’s feet with OnGuard every night before bed time and every morning before they put there shoes on for the day. Not only is it a bonding experience for you and your children, but it will bolster there immune systems.
- I would also mist your family’s bed sheets with a mist of essential oils before bedtime. 10 drops of OnGuard or some other essential oil with a ¼ cup of water in a spray bottle – shake well.
- If there is virus in your area, obviously you want to avoid contact with those that are sick.
- Put about 1 drop of lemon oil for every 8oz of water you and your family drink. Over time this will greatly strengthen the immune system. In our home, we have not had colds or flu of any significance in over a year since we started incorporating essential oils in our household. And this is one way we have been consistent with.
- As always, as you clean regularly around your home, use essential oils to clean. Purify, On guard or lemon in a spray bottle used for cleaning will assure pathogen free surfaces.
- Be aware and recognize symptoms if they strike you or a family member. Immediately begin an essential oil protocol and see a professional if you experience symptoms. Swine flu symptoms are similar to regular flu: Fever, body aches, sore throat, cough, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.
- Make your home a happy place, free from stress. A haven with kind words and positive thoughts. Make a place of safety and refuge. As storms rage on, have your home be a house of prayer, gratitude and love. These are all things we can do that will create of synergy of protection for your home and family.
If cold and flu symptoms arise:
At the first indication of a symptom, strike back quick and hard.
- Make 00 size capsules of 8 drops oregano, 5 drops on guard and 3 drops frankincense. Then take the capsules internally twice daily.
- Gargle twice daily with 1 drop oregano, 2 drops on guard, and 2 drops lemon in 1 or 2 tbsp of pure water. After gargling for 5-10 minutes, swallow the mixture.
- Oil pull daily with 1 tbsp VCO, 2 drops oregano, and 2 drops melaleuca. Pull for about 10 minutes before expectorating the blend. Then brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth. This mixture may be hot. If it’s too hot, reduce the oregano to 1 drop and add a drop of lemon. You can also consider cinnamon, cassia or OnGuard instead of melaleuca.
- Always put lemon and peppermint in your drinking water and drink it often. Staying hydrated is an important part of assuring the oils work effectively in our bodies.
- Consider other protocols for specific symptoms. Breathe to the chest, neck and back for respiratory issues, DigestZen (often in a capsule with frankincense) for nausea or digestive problems. Oregano or cinnamon and lemon as a gargle for sore throats.
- Make sure the oils you have are doTerra essential oils. Why? They are guaranteed to be sourced from the area’s in which the are indigenous to. They are organically grown. Harvested by correct methods and at the correct time. Distilled by professionals at the correct temperature and pressure. Finally each batch is tested by independent labs for correct constituents content to guarantee efficacy. These methods are key to insuring safety and effectiveness.
- Diffuse the air that you are working, living and sleeping in. If you are suffering from symptoms, consider oils and blends that will help. If you are trying to quarantine areas of healthy air, diffuse on guard.
- Do twice daily spinal treatments named the AromaTouch Technique.
- Eat healthy mostly raw foods.
- Get exercise and fresh air where possible.
Source: Everything Essential